Fog Force is a bird repellent that is applied to the air space with a thermal fogger. Birds flying through the fog, breathe this in. Although harmless to birds, the fog affects their nerves around their beak area, causing them to feel pain. After repeat exposure to the fog, birds are trained to avoid the areas covered. Fog force is best applied earlier in the morning or later in the evening as birds are flying to or from the area. The fog has the most affect, as birds fly through this.
Why Fog Force is great for bird control:
- Great for use in areas where birds are living or nesting like shelter belts, to help drive them out of these areas. Birds living in nearby areas, are normally the ones that will cause the most damage to your vineyard.
- Normally after a few days of applying the fog, birds have had enough of the pain it causes them and learn to avoid the areas covered.
- Using the wind to your advantage, the fog can be drifted across areas, for an effective wide area bird deterrent.
- Made from MA, a food grade active ingredient - derived from grapes.
- Approved by NZ Wine for use in vineyards.
- Birds cannot get used to fog force.
What our customers say:
"We decided not to fit nets to the grapes this season but to try out the new Fog Force Bird Repellent in our 14 hectare vineyard, for bird control. The results have been truly amazing and prove that this new bird repellent has got huge potential in the viticulture industry" - Vineyard - Marlborough
"This is the first year I have used fog force. My neighbour and I have been using it this season. There has been a definite drop in the bird population in our vineyards." - Vineyard - MarlboroughContinue reading