Alphachloralose is a narcotic which acts by anesthetizing birds rather than killing them.
- enables nuisance birds to be captured and destroyed while other non-target birds can be revived
- does not harm birds - only stupefies
- easy to use - just spread on bread
- non- target birds can be revived in a warm dry place
- ideal for Starlings and otther birds that will not eat wheat or peas.
Alphachloralose is the ONLY LEGALLY APPROVED substance in NZ that can be used to control bird numbers without a license.
To obtain maximum effectiveness, all target birds should be pre-fed, 3-4 days before using the paste, so they are aware of the food source
For most birds spread the paste on bread and make it into a sandwich. Cut this into small squares to feed to the birds. For birds like magpies and mynas, mix the paste with mince or fat or something else they will eat.
For international users - please check your countries regulations to ensure Alphachloralose is an approved substance.